Singapore SF Stories Anthology: Call For Stories
Stories should have a link of some sort to Singapore.
These guidelines are for the speculative fiction sampler. Submissions are currently open.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Submitted entries MUST:
- be between 2,000 to 6,500 words
- be speculative fiction– fiction that largely contains elements of science fiction, fantasy, horror, alternate history/reality, and related genres.
- be primarily written in (UK) English
- be authored by Singaporeans or residents of Singapore (not necessarily PRs).
- The theme for this anthology is “HYBRID“. Submissions should be constructed around this theme, but the theme is open to individual author’s interpretation. The hybrid in question could be a biological hybrid, technological hybrid, cultural hybrid, thematic hybrid etc.
- We would strongly prefer that submissions be linked to something Singaporean, whether in terms of setting, character, or themes inspired by life in Singapore e.g. overcrowding on public transport, etc.
- We will be accepting submissions between the 1st January 2011 and 30th April 2011.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Singaporean Spec-Fic Sampler Submission” and the author’s name in the subject.
- Submissions should be typeset in 12-point Courier New or Times New Roman, double-spaced, and saved in Rich Text (.rtf) or Word document (.doc) formats. All submissions should include title, author’s name, and byline (if applicable).
- Each person is allowed up to three submissions. But only a maximum of one submission will be included in the anthology.
- We accept reprints of previously published stories, as long as the author has retained the rights.
- The response time for submissions is 30 days. If you have not heard from us 30 days after sending in your submissions, send a query to email@example.com–we may have overlooked your email. No priority will be given to queries sent in before the response time is up.
- We will contact all authors with the results of our decisions by the 31st of May, whether or not their submission has been accepted.
- All submissions chosen for the anthology may be edited.
- The editors reserve the right to reject submissions based on inappropriate content, including (but not limited to) excessively graphic sex & violence, and disrespect towards individuals, groups, cultures and religions.
- No remuneration will be paid for accepted submissions–the primary purpose of this anthology is just to provide exposure for Singaporean speculative fiction. Royalties earned from publication, if any, will be split between the authors.
- Authors will retain both copyright and publishing rights over their submissions.