Michael Iwoleit got in touch recently to tell us of an incredibly cool thing he’s organising – a virtual book reading in the world of Second Life, by 5 science fiction authors each from a different continent!
On May 5th an event will take place in Thorsten Küper’s and Kirsten Riehl’s steampunk location Kafé Kruemelkram that may be unique in the history of the 3d Internet world Second Life: Five science fiction writers from five continents, all writing in English, will read from their works live. The invited writers are:
For Asia: Guy Hasson (Israel)
For Africa: Jonathan Elorm Dotse (Ghana)
For Europe: Michael K. Iwoleit (Germany)
For South America: Gustavo Bondoni (Argentina)
For North America: Ahmed A. Khan (Canada)
Hyperpulp is a new electronic magazine from Brazil, edited by Alexandre Mandarino. It is a bilingual magazine, publishing the stories in both Portuguese and English. This seems to be becoming more common – see, for instance, the recent French-English web magazine Onirismes - it will be interesting to see if this heralds some new movement in world sf magazine publishing.
The new issue of Hyperpulp features Gustavo Bondoni from Argentina, Carlos Orsi from Brazil, and Berit Ellingsen from Norway, amongst others.
Tenth Orbit and Other Faraway Places is a single-author collection by Argentine writer Gustavo Bondoni, put out by the small press Altered Dimensions and available in paperback and ebook editions. The twenty-two stories comprising this volume are primarily idea-driven science fiction. According to the author, all were originally written in English, rather than having been translated. I believe at least some of the stories were previously published, but there is neither publication history nor individual copyright date for any of them. I would have liked to trace the development of Bondoni’s writing style chronologically, but was unable to do so.
Read more »
The special multiethnic issue of the Innsmouth Free Press has been released, containing Lovecraftian stories and others by writers from Hungary, Argentina, Russia and the Philippines – here is the full table of contents:
Table of Contents
- Quoth the Cultist | Mari Ness
- Red Goat, Black Goat | Nadia Bulkin
- Eyes in the Vastness of Forever | Gustavo Bondoni
- The Great Performance of Kadir Bey | Ekaterina Sedia
- The Doom that Came to Yamatai | Travis King
- A Model Apartment | Bryan Thao Worra
- The Bats in the Walls | Juan Miguel Marín
- Estelle Makes the Casino Run | Pamela Rentz
- Death on the Fine Line | Daniel José Older
- The Mountain that Eats Men | Caleb Jordan Schulz
- Bottomless Lake Bus Stop | Bogi Takács
- Kali Yuga | Sanford Allen
- The Hunger Houses | Raymond G. Falgui
- Jeroboam Henley’s Debt | Charles R. Saunders
Or download the PDF edition.